Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I can't believe 2012 is here already! One of the things I am most excited about this year is happening at Fourth Church. We are going to read through the entire Bible by December 31, 2012. If you want to join in with us, then just check out this link here. There are daily devotions you can sign up to get via email, Facebook or Twitter. The first one has already been sent out and Kiva and I read it together this morning. I am also one of the devotion writers, so be on the lookout for mine!

What are your New Years Resolutions? Mine is normally to work out more, but this year I am instead going to work harder to maintain my long-distance friendships. I am really bad about calling/emailing friends to keep in touch. And since I don't live anywhere near the majority of my friends, that just means I don't see them/hear from them. So- New Years Resolution! Hopefully this one will actually stick and I won't just slack off mid-February.

I didn't do anything too exciting last night to celebrate the New Year. Kiva, Potts and I just hung out and watched TV. Mostly I was researching graduate schools....more about that later! Kiva and I are off to go explore Chicago some more. But before I go, I want to direct your attention to awkwardfamilyphotos.com. If you don't already know what it is, it is just a site for people to upload awkward photos of themselves and their family. There are some really good (aka terribly awful) ones up there now. Go take 5 minutes to check it out! Of course, after you sign up for the Fourth Church devotions. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Awkward Family Photos! I even got the coffee table book...Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!! :)