Monday, May 23, 2011

Update on making donations

Ok, I have an update on the donation process. There are 2 different ways that I can receive donations for my YAV year next year.

1. Through the DOOR Network (Discovering Opportunities for Outreach and Reflection). In Chicago the program is run as a partnership between the DOOR Network and the Presbyterian Church (USA).


Checks 
Made payable to "DOOR" and in the memo line, "DOOR- Chicago, Sarah Bennett"
Send to:
DOOR- National Office
430 West 9th Avenue
Denver, CO 80204

Credit Card- There is a fee charged for each credit card donation (3-5%)
By telephone: Call the DOOR National Office at (303) 295-3667
By mail: email me and I will forward you the form
Online: Click here and in the description field, write "DOOR- Chicago, Sarah Bennett"

2. Through the Presbyterian Church (USA)

Checks
Made payable to "Presbyterian Church (USA)" and in the memo line, "Sarah Bennett ECO# 052053"
Send to:
Presbyterian Church (USA)
Individual Remittance Processing
PO Box 643700
Pittsburgh, PA 15264

Online- Credit Card fee charged (3-5%)
See instructions in the previous post.

You can also send me a check, but since I am not a non-profit organization, that means you can't deduct your donation on your taxes. But luckily the DOOR Network and the Presbyterian Church (USA) both are! At the end of the year, you will receive a detailed receipt if you make your donation through either of them.

The YAV Program estimates that it is going to cost approximately $14,000 for my living expenses. I am only asked to raise $6,500. Anything that I raise over $6,500 goes to help fund future YAVs and to reduce the expenses of my program. I can't wait to get started working in Chicago!! Thank you so much for your interest and support. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!! :)